I am over the moon.
Not only are we planning an amazing trip to Norway in a month, but we’ve decided to spend three days in Iceland on the way back!
Iceland has been one of my top destinations for a while now, and I’ve been vigorously researching stuff we want to do. We’ve booked our Airbnb – which is right next to Þingvellir national park with (hopefully) great views of the northern lights. Have I mentioned how much I love Airbnb? We’re also renting a car so that we can explore on our own time.
Here are (some) things we’re hoping to do while in Iceland:
- Explore Reykjavik, check out Hallgrímskirkja, Harpa, and the Sun Voyageur, all while exploring a unique, artistic place.
- Try the Icelandic National Dish, Hakarl – which is Fermented shark that’s been buried in the ground and hung to dry.
- Check out some old Turf Homes
- Visit the Black Sand Beach at Vik – Black sand and cool rocks!
- Swim in the Blue Lagoon – Some tourist attractions are worth visiting.
- Explore the Golden Circle – Looking forward to hiking and seeing some amazing landscapes and waterfalls!
- Climb some (small) mountains to see the top of the world
- Enjoy ourselves, meet some cool people, and learn about Icelandic culture from locals.
We leave for our trip in less than a month now – it doesnt even seem real! If you’ve been to Iceland, comment what your must – sees are!